18 March 2009

my heart goes out



She was lovely because she was so understated, because she did the work & retreated to her privacy. She was in the "perfect" position to constantly be in the public eye, but chose another path.

I have a profound admiration for people who manage to find a stitch of sanity in the public eye.

I did not know her, but my heart goes out to her family, who lost her suddenly & much too soon.

We keep losing the people we need, dammit. Rest in Peace, Natasha Richardson. And prayers of comfort for your loved ones.

3 comments:

What he ate, what I ate. said...

such a tragedy. something about the fact that initially she was "fine" makes it all the more hanting. rip.

elizabeth said...

so shocking and sad. what a loss! no one ever thinks their day on the beginners' slope is going to end like this - just awful!

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

so sad ;o(