01 October 2009

random return to recaps: dancing

... Who knows why I do anything anymore, let alone understands my timing? So: just because:

We originally planned to have a live band at our reception, but when that started to get expensive & complicated we switched to my iPod, which worked perfectly. (In hindsight, I would've changed the crossfade time between songs to zero, but that's just me nit-picking.)

For our First Dance, we danced to "You Are The Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne. I'm going to attempt to re-create our conversation, based on the pics.
Me: "This is such a sweet song. And we're doing so well!"

Him: "We're not half bad at this. We should take lessons."
Me: "Sounds fun!"

Him: "Ow!"
Me: "Oops -- sorry! You know I don't know how to follow!"

Him: "Dammit, woman! Good thing I think you're hot."

Me: "Hehe ... wait, really? A Spin? Um, those lessons haven't happened yet ... "

Me: "Phew -- made it!"

Me: "Again? Okay ... watch your toes!"

Me: "Show off."
Him: "Yup!"

Me: "Hey, where'd your jacket go?"

Him: "Quiet, Woman! I'm getting funky."
Me: "Oh dear. Help! Assistance! GIRLS!!"

Me: "That's it -- create a diversion. Excellent work!"

(That's just a view from the balcony of everyone dancing under the lights. 'Cuz I think it's pretty.)

** all photos by Marija Thomas Photography

2 comments:

Marie said...

Your lights are just lovely, the venue looks beautiful. And you and Mr UB look like far more comfortable dancers than I was!

un-bride said...

@Marie: what can I say? Actors ...!