08 November 2009

playlist of the week: 80's version

Some of you know about my awesome, silly day job. (And if you didn't, now you do.) One of the things I do for said job is make playlists. And I've decided to start posting them here -- just because. Let me know if you like/hate/aren't even vaguely amused/wonder when the hell this stopped being a blog about weddings. But be nice about it, 'k?

Some playlists relate to a certain "assignment" (aka theme), and sometimes they're just the music that's moving my body that week. This is one of the former, and the assigment was "80's Rocker Chick." I thought it would be hard, but as it turned out this could easily have been 3 hours long. Since my classes are only 2 hours long, I had to do some painful culling. Here's what I came up with:

Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
Wham - Careless Whisper
Jane's Addiction - Jane Says
Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey
David Bowie & Queen - Under Pressure
Peter Gabriel - Big Time
En Vogue - Free Your Mind
Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
Prince - Kiss
Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
Daniel Ash vs. Zak Ambrose - Rock On (Dirty Queen mix)

that was the warm-up ... the rest of the list was everything else I couldn't live without:

Def Lepard - Pour Some Sugar On Me (some songs are cliches because they're awesome)
Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion
Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love (those models couldn't even fake-play guitar, but they were hot)
Duran Duran - Notorious
George Michael - Monkey (yeah, technically he was already in here w/ Wham ... you got a problem with that?)
AC/DC - Back In Black
U2 - Pride (In The Name of Love)
Madonna - Like A Prayer
Guns 'N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Journey - Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
The Police - Every Breath You Take

A shout-out to Mr. UB, who has a chronic 80's rock problem* and provided much assistance.

Also, I know that En Vogue song is from 1990. But a) technically a decade ends with the "zero" year so it totally counts, b) it's bad-ass, and c) it's my effing list. So there.

*he says it's not a problem

No comments: