15 November 2009

playlist of the week: red carpet/ evening gown

I swear I'll get around to posting a "random" (aka non-assignment) list one of these days. But in the meantime: here's what I came up with for "Evening Gown/Red Carpet". Mr. UB has questioned my methodology ... but even if you can spot it (duh), I think it makes for a pretty good list. Any-whatsit ...

Star, Star by The Frames
When The Stars Go Blue by Ryan Adams
Wandering Star by Mazzy Star
Andy, You're A Star by The Killers**
Starry-Eyed Surprise by Paul Oakenfold
This Evening's Great Excuse by Seven Mary Three
Starshine by Gorillaz
Superstar by Jamelia*
If Love Is A Red Dress by Maria McKee
Starstruck by Santogold
Superstar by Sonic Youth
Battleflag by Lo Fidelity Allstars

*this is the song that started the playlist/theme, and yes, it is from the Queer Eye For The Straight Guy soundtrack. Damn, I miss that show.
** while making this list, Mr. UB said, "I like that song, 'Andy, You're a Killer." Yes, really.

No comments: