23 February 2009

"hooray" for more d.i.y.

I'd considered not bothering with programs, as I'm not convinced that they're totally necessary. Does anyone ever really a) become unable to follow the ceremony without the Cliff's Notes, b) commit to memory the names & relationships of the wedding party, or c) keep them? Besides, I just don't think most of them are very interesting. But then I found a template that's also useful, and now we're talking.

Care of the uber-talented Aylee, check this out:

Of course, after I played with the template for a little while, I was feeling seriously out of my league. Fortunately, Mr. UB greatly prefers this simpler (!) paddle fan program.



Seeing as how our venue is outside, and October is usually Indian Summer in San Francisco, I can see myself putting the time & cost of supplies into fans for our guests. There's no way to know how much of the Rotunda will be in shade during our ceremony, and I certainly don't want my aunts to pass out from the heat. (Especially if that would result in their no longer inviting me to Thanksgiving -- those ladies can cook!) And hey -- if it rains, they can hold them over their heads to keep the water off. Brilliant!*
*must be said in Evil Genius voice, a la "breeeel-yent!" for proper effect. And if you have a long mustachio, by all means twirl it between your fingers as you say it.

In other news -- I know I haven't been posting much for the past week. I've been ... well, distracted. And I'm still not sure if it's something I want to discuss here. But I'm back now, I think. Also, I lost my first follower -- someone I didn't know has stopped following my ramblings. The internet is weird.

2 comments:

kadler said...

Haha, I actually usually get lost at weddings without a program. But I'm kind of a 4th grader.

The fans are super cute, though!

Samantha said...

i like the fans. i'm happy your back. i have hugs for you too. lots of them. love you.