I found this over on Mason Jar Bride, who credited it to another blog with a broken link (please tell me who she is in the comments & I'll give credit!) and it made me giggle.
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? In front of the TV? Halo 3 if he has friends over, Fallout if he's alone. Oh, and World of Warcraft if he's in front of his computer.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Salad? Um, he likes that citrus-y one that comes on the veggies next to Japanese food. And the celery next to hot wings -- does that count as salad?
3. What's one food he doesn't like? He's pretty opposed to eggplant. But then again he very much enjoyed the Sicilian caponata that I made last year for Valentine's Day.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order? Depends where we are. If we're watching football, he'll get a beer. If we're out having drinks with friends, it's usually Rum & Coke. For his birthday last week, Fancy Pants drank champagne all night.
5. Where did he go to high school? Bishop O'Dowd. He was, proudly, the only Jew in Catholic school. Because his parents wisely decided against sending him to public school in Oakland.
6. What size shoe does he wear? Um ... I don't know this one. But I do know that all of his shoes live under his bed. With shoe trees.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Memorabilia from the video games he's worked on -- posters, action figures, etc. I'm very happy to continue to display these in our home together, but I'll probably trade the push-pins that currently afix them to the wall for some frames.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Philly cheese steak, from the place on the corner near his apartment. And they are tres yummy.
9. What would he eat every day if he could? Well, as an adult living on his own, he pretty much does eat whatever he wants. At the moment, he's on his workout regime, so it's pretty healthy. At other times, it's involved a lot of pizza and Chinese delivery. Ah, bachelorhood.
10. What is his favorite cereal? Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. With almond milk. The boy likes his almonds.
11. What would he never wear? Jeans bought after 1995? No, wait -- I fixed that. Metrosexual gear.
12. What is his favorite sports team? College: UCLA Bruins. Pro: Oakland Raiders. Please don't send him hate mail.
13. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Get upset occassionally? He tells me that he wants me to be happy all the time. Which I've told him is an absolutely reasonable thing to want.
14. What is his heritage? Dad's side is German Jewish. (You know, the ones who made it out.) Mom's side is kinda Anglo-waspy, from the Northeast. He has an uncle who hunts bears, and another one who's a lobster fisherman. So they're basically well-fed bad-asses.
15. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? I don't think he'd care, as long as it's cake and there's a lot of it. (Babe, if you have a preference that I don't know about, please tell me. Since this is something that could very well happen at some time in the future.)
16. Did he play sports in high school?
Swimming. He was really good at it. Got recruited to college for it, even. Unlike me -- I'm buoyant but slow.
17. What could he spend hours doing? See question #1. He's lost whole days to WOW. Not that he considers them lost.
18. What is one unique talent he has? Singing loudly & enthusiastically, without regard to pitch, tone or key. I wish I shared his lack of self-consciousness.
I wanted to do this because I think it's cute, and I love sharing how awesome he is.
Also, I think it's important to continually make a stand on Groom Importance. I'm freaked out by all of the brides out there who treat the man who's going to be their husband as a prop, and one who'd best remain silent or else, as she plans exactly what she wants on her Special Pretty Princess Center of Attention Day of All Days, after which the actual Being Married is sure to be a let-down, when the aforementioned Silent Prop Husband will finally have a purpose as the recipient of much scorn and derision, especially as she finally lets her crash-diet starved body have a meal, and then blames him for her weight-gain, the nuisance of thank you notes for all the wedding loot they recieved, etc. Because really, those women terrify me. And there seem to be a LOT of them.