I'll try not to feel too much like Sharon Stone at the Golden Globes, or a shut-in writing a letter to Penthouse, as I type "I never thought it would happen to me ..." BUT: I really didn't think it would. Mr. UB & I have been chosen by the super-nice folks at Minted.com as subjects for their new design challenge!
The contest is for designers -- they submit designs for any of 3 couples, for any of 3 pre-wedding events. Ours is "officially" Bridal Shower, but they can submit for Engagement Party or Rehearsal Dinner, too. We'll receive 125 pieces of the winning design, plus $250 of other Minted stationary for our wedding planning needs. (Hello, fancy pretty Thank You notes!) How cool is that?!
You can see a picture & read a little blurb about us, the other 2 couples and the contest here.
I am sooooo excited about this. Our Funky Little Budget Wedding That Could is chugging its way up the hill.
Other stuff I've done in the last few days:
1) Emailed Save-The-Dates for the ceremony invitees
1a) Braced for blow-back from family that we can't afford to invite
2) Officially asked the fabulous Christmas to be my Maid Of Honor
3) Had a nice, long conversation with Marija about the photography
4) Finally gotten in touch with the agent for the house in Malibu where we're hoping to have the LA shindig
5) Posted a listing to sell the wrong-color candy buffet bags that arrived -- and gotten a few nibbles
All in all, not a bad week. And it's only Wednesday.